Tuesday 5 March 2019

More each day

i did not have a nap yesterday— I did not want one and instead turned my studio out. It was done with the aid of a cleaner and there was much exclamation as items lost for years surfaced! I found a whole large cardboard box full of thick wool. I rather think that will be taken to the next Guild meeting. I cannot remember where this wool came from. Not me, certainly.

So what else? I am trying to sort out books and must finish off today. Although it is such a nice day that I must put in some gardening first. Now the greenhouse is clean, I must plant seeds.

So today is clean up garden first, then do bookcases. And if all goes well, a bit of weaving. One thing I omitted to say is that I currently have several ideas for projects .from time to time i write up possible projects and I dug out all my design books. I came across a nice one but the write up is incomprehensible! Anyway I must write up the current ones buzzing round.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear your energy level has increased to the point you are nap-less! Good luck on the clear-out, it's a task I keep putting off...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.