Thursday 3 May 2018

The New Kid on the Block


Allow me to introduce Jerry (short for Jeremiah) who is a pedigree Boston Terrier and is 13 weeks old and is going to/has already disrupted the household. Highly intelligent (of course). He had never met grass before and was very cautious but tested it out and found the garden to his liking. And more surprising, he had never met stairs before and was very cautious about the garden steps, and just avoided them - for an hour or two. Then clambered up, jumped down, decided this could be fun and jumped up and down several times in succession. But I must admit he is missing his mum and brothers and cried himself to sleep. As he is doing it in my bedroom, I hope he doesn't do it all night.

I am worried about we are going to manage for the next few months. He cannot be left for long if at all when he is so little.

Yes I agree, I am crackers.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.