Thursday 8 March 2018

Scarve No 2

I have just finished another refugee scarf on the 12 shaft Meyer. I showed the pattern earlier. I have started on the third one, again in the maroon wool. And yet another twill(ish) pattern. Remember the draft is a straight draw on 12 shafts.


I used a spotlight as the room was suddenly dark. More snow? Looking at the amount of yarn I have, I reckon I can get another 6 scarves. I give them to Rosie Price and she can give them to the refugees or sell them at a fair and use the money for refugees. I don't ask! I have another 3 drafts ready to be used. Not sure I like this one and I will not do it again.

You might ask what is happening about the Schacht - not to mention the Megado. Well, the Megado now has a nice new (and visible) monitor and the Schacht is waiting to have the treadles tied up. I am off to Copenhagen with my grand-daughter, Madi, tomorrow and will be back on Monday. Going to see two performances in their nice new opera house and have a look round. It seems no time at all since I got back from Iceland. But after Monday, I am not away until mid June and hope to finish a load of projects. Come back snow and ice!! I got a lot done when we were snowed up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.