Thursday 31 August 2017

Merseburg

I made my way here yesterday, getting up at 0500 and arriving at 1645. Then we immediately set out to view the cathedral since, although we are here for three days, we are on an organ trip and have a busy schedule of visits. We had a lecture on organs last night before dinner. I have to say I slept very well last night. The journey was by way of Tegel airport, Berlin and more than three  hours in a bus.

However the architecture here is worth seeing


The cathedral


The palace


The bishop's palace. He does himself proud. And the gardens are not bad either

An unusual rose. Comes out bright orange and fades as it ages to pink and cream.  No labels!

An all this has taken my mind off photography. I am too busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.