Friday 24 June 2016

Deer

Last week we went on a photo shoot in a deer park a few miles away. We was Alex, my grandson, and his parents. And me of course. We started very early in the morning and were driven around in a tractor. The deer were used to this and did not stir when the tractor approached.

We spent two hours there and I took 100+ photos which I had to cull at home.
There was a hare, not that friendly to the tractor but I got a few photos.

And a stag.

And a newborn, five minutes old.

The overshot scarf with bombers all over it has been finished and I have rethreaded with a new pattern.  I am now in Leamington Spa, looking after my grandchildren while their parents have a few days in Lisbon. I have brought the Meyer with me and hope to get some weaving done amidst the taxi service I seem to be running. 

Other than that, I am having fun printing the lino cuts in different ways and colours. I sorted out the acid dyes a few days ago and have made new labels where required. Now all I have to do is make them up. I am running an avid dyeing class in two weeks time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.