Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to all you readers. A very senior RAF officer once said to me (in another life) 'May all your antennas meet their specs'. To translate into weaver terms, 'May all your weavings look like the draft in your head'. 

I am still in the Kent wilds. My Grandson, Alex, and I set out to take some photos of the herd of deer in the grounds. Very unsatisfactory. This is not a deer park but a farm and the deer are not used to people so they flee as soon as we appear. We tried creeping up on them and following them very quietly but they ran away. After crisscrossing the fields several times, we went home without any photos. We need a deer hide.

We have been to Brighton where we got blown about on the sea shore. Also I went into Tunbridge Wells and bought some grey silk dupion for lining a red velvet jacket I am about to make. I dyed the velvet myself and it is rather nice. I am going to Gill Arnold for a day's class to get this project started. And it will not interfere with completing the Convergence project as the said day is the latest day by which the entry has to reach HGA in the States. So it will be gone or, if the worse happens, not gone.

We have reached the stage here of eating up the leftovers and drinking up the wine. Last night I held a wine tasting, courtesy of Michael's cellar, and we have several unfinished bottles to deal with. There was a lot of washing up this morning.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.