Monday 23 November 2015

ComiCon

I went to London on Friday and finished the first limp cover book and started on the second.

It then became a very exciting weekend. I took the train to Leamington Spa and stayed Friday and Saturday nights with Anne. On Saturday morning, we all took the train to Bicester Village which is an outlet shopping centre. Mostly we bought each other Christmas presents but I bought some things. I have to admit that I have never bought anything from Dior or Prada before! I have acquired a Missoni dressing gown for much the same as I would pay in Marks and Sparks.

The high light of the weekend was Sunday when we all took the train in the opposite direction (North) to Birmingham to go to ComiCon and had a great time - -  without spending any more than the entrance fee. What I go for is look at the people!! I do not see me dressed up as Queen Hippolyta.

 Top one is Anne and Leon, a friend of my grandson. No idea about the bottom one.
And the kind of things on sale. Others intangible things you could buy, an autograph, a photo with your favourite person, 15 minutes conversation with ditto. The kind of people doing this were Lee Major, Colin Blakely and the woman who played Arwen Evenstar in the Lord of the Rings. She was by far the most expensive.

So now I am home and have done a lot of tidying up. Next it is putting up pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.