Friday 11 September 2015

New House

It is sometime since I last wrote a blog. Life has not been uneventful. We moved into the new house at the end of August but all our furniture is not yet with us. Dorothy had hers delivered two days after we moved, except that they only delivered 60% of it. A bit more came a week later but not it all and she created such a fuss that they at least came back and took away the empty boxes. The rest is promised for next Tuesday. Which is not the most helpful of days as my stuff is being delivered that day. Dorothy's attitude is good, that serves them right. The problem that it is bookcases which have not been delivered.

Add to that some stupefying behaviour by BT which has left us speechless and minus a landline and broadband. They kitted us up with a landline, decided they could not give us broadband and unilaterally cancelled the whole package, saying I had commanded the cancellation!! Well we have transferred our affections to Sky.

We have got all the utilities okay and the TV is with us in time for the GBBO episode this week. But lots remains to be done and next week sees electricians, decorators and tree removers in residence.

I personally feel a bit bereft. I have plenty of spare time and nothing much to do. So I found myself designing drafts late last night. Not satisfied with it though so may rejig it.

I think this will be okay when we are settled but it may be winter before that happens. Whatever happened to summer this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.