Sunday 8 September 2013

!!!!!!!

Yesterday was Kennet Valley Guild day and I was up early and off at 0730 to attend a Committee meeting. Rosie and I demonstrated warping up with a paddle - at the request of some Guild members. Neither of us are really enthusiastic about this and it probably showed because the audience mostly said 'not for me'. Marion Proctor does use the method. It probably needs more practise than I have put in.

However that was not the end of the day. Around the beginning of August, my daughters had told me to present myself in my best clothes at Paddington Station at 1600hours. No idea what was to come except that it was my birthday. It turned out to be dinner at a nice Turkish restaurant followed by seeing a musical called Wicked. The whole family was there including what I call the hangers-on. I met Charlotte's young man for the first time. Very tall - just as well because Charlotte is very tall too.

The show was notable for its lighting and special effects. The singing was patchy. Some of the singers were first rate and some were screechy. But a great evening out.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Glad you had an appropriately festive celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.