Wednesday 20 June 2012

Window Seats

Here are the window seats installed on Monday. They are oak and very heavy. Look at the lovely yarn storage which stretches right across the room! The yarn to be stored will be brought down from upstairs tomorrow along with the cushions to pad the wooden seat. The carpet still needs fixing.















Today I finished the slipcase for Coles book. I scanned in the front cover and tidied up the edges and corners in Photoshop, then printed it out and pasted it to the front of the slipcase. I have started on the next project which is to bind Jules Verne's 20,000 leagues under the Sea. One volume is folded and sewn. The second is folded. It will not take long to finish but the cover and matching slipcase are a different matter!

I went to a friend's house yesterday and did some binding there.  We wanted to bind a small book so that the stitching on the spine showed. We also had a smashing lunch of smoked salmon and prawns in her garden - under a gazebo no less! A great day out. Thanks Chris. She has an even bigger stash of paper than I have!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.