Here are the window seats installed on Monday. They are oak and very heavy. Look at the lovely yarn storage which stretches right across the room! The yarn to be stored will be brought down from upstairs tomorrow along with the cushions to pad the wooden seat. The carpet still needs fixing.
Today I finished the slipcase for Coles book. I scanned in the front cover and tidied up the edges and corners in Photoshop, then printed it out and pasted it to the front of the slipcase. I have started on the next project which is to bind Jules Verne's 20,000 leagues under the Sea. One volume is folded and sewn. The second is folded. It will not take long to finish but the cover and matching slipcase are a different matter!
I went to a friend's house yesterday and did some binding there. We wanted to bind a small book so that the stitching on the spine showed. We also had a smashing lunch of smoked salmon and prawns in her garden - under a gazebo no less! A great day out. Thanks Chris. She has an even bigger stash of paper than I have!