Tuesday 12 April 2011

Poking about the web as one does, I came across this blog by Emma Shannon. Lovely designs/drafts. Just my sort of thing. I have not investigated carefully enough yet to discover what she intends the fabric for. Looks like it could be upholstery fabric. Very desirable and a name to remember.

Today my sister is off to Cambridge to lunch with some old friends leaving Madi and me to look after her dog, Jake. Except that Madi is going home with her Dad mid-morning. Robin and Chris return here for two days this afternoon and Dorothy is back this evening. And if you think 'That's Piccadilly Circus', it feels like that occasionally. Meals vary between being for me and the dog and six or seven people. A major session with the washing machine is scheduled for Thursday after everyone leaves.

This morning before breakfast, I tied on the red/white wool/ silk to the ghost warp at the end  and I have about a yard of warp left to weave which I would like to finish today. I  have been upstairs to admire 'THE STUDIO'. It has definitely been promoted and is very pleasing AND I only have one empty drawer left now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.