Saturday 3 April 2010

Michael - Enamels and Alice

Here is the final version on the Megado with most of the enamel squares inserted. I have one more row to do. The lower photo shows the ends which are black warp and yellow weft. I wanted to use one of the yarn colours in the main weaving as weft and yellow is the lightest - gives a sort of khaki effect at a distance. I am stuck with having a black warp because I want the same colour throughout the ends.








Alice Schlein mentioned a firm called Volcano Arts in her blog and I bought an unbound copy of Alice in Wonderland from them so that I could bind it.  I asked Michael if he would do a front and back cover for it and the pictures on the left show the current versions (back at the top, front below). He is thinking about end-papers now. I would like the tree incorporated but he is not convinced that is a good idea. This will not be Japanese style or Coptic binding but a plain ordinary cased-in binding, probably with book-cloth on the spine and part way over the covers and the rest of the cover with Michael's paper .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.