Sunday 21 February 2010

Deadlines (2)

Yesterday I turned out the bed linen cupboards. I have discovered some spare linen for the spare room beds! I had wondered where that had got to! I have been a bit ruthless. Some of it will be  used for textiley projects, like using the old pillow cases to  store textiles in. Some (unused) will go to St Richard's hospice shop (aka McMillans). They cared for my best friend in her hour of need and they are being magnificent about Michael. There are some high-class Swiss cotton square pillowcases which I shall offer to my sister for her quilting. They are hardly used  and the material is so very good. A lot of very elderly towels will be used as floor cloths.  All in  all, I have finished up with spare capacity on the linen shelves. And that includes the addition of all the linen I bought for Michael's hospital bed.



The picture is a scan of a German pillowcase bought in Munich many years ago. What is interesting is that, barring the fine white pattern, I could have woven something in this design. I looked at it and thought that it was a familiar type of fabric!! So my tastes have not changed over the years. I think this is probably a bad thing and must think about it some more.

Added after doing  a bit more weaving. The colour palette is very similar to what is on the Megado - see Reflections - 2. Which accounts for why the pillowcase looked familiar. Now did my sub-conscious do this or not?








Today I turned out the bathrooms and two other rooms, tidied up generally and will start on weaving now. Yesterday I wove four foot of fabric. I estimate I have between 6 and 8 feet of warp left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

I am weaver and - -. I dye my yarns with acid dyes, I paint my warps, put fabric collages and stencils on my weaving. I have three looms, a 12 inch wide, 12 shaft Meyer for demos and courses, a 30 inch Louet Kombo which is nominally portable but has a stand, two extra beams and a home-made device containing a fan reed. And last a 32 shaft Louet Megado which is computer controlled, has a sectional warp and a second warp beam and I am the proud owner of an AVL warping wheel which I love to bits and started by drilling holes in. I inserted a device for putting a cross in. I have just acquired an inkle loom and had a lesson from an expert so I can watch TV and weave at the same time. I am interested in weaving with silk mostly 60/2 although I do quite a bit with 90/2 silk. I also count myself as a bookbinder with a special interest in Coptic binding.